This page has been a work in progress for months now. Figuring out how to tell you about me without telling to much. Trying to follow all the “rules” for these types of pages. It became exhausting and honestly I just didn’t know what to do. Then it came to me today, this is my blog. It’s about things that are important to me and for me to share my thoughts and views on kids, marriage, being a military spouse and life in general. There are no “rules” because it’s my page. So I am going to share who I am in a nutshell and if any of it interests you then please make sure to read my posts and subscribe.
- I am a wife to an amazing man who I have been married to for six years now.
- I have two beautiful little girls who are both under the age of 5.
- I am a military spouse.
- I am an Army Veteran who served for 8 years.
- While serving, I deployed (at the beginning of the war) for 15 months and returned home with PTSD/Anxiety disorder.
- I have not been in contact with my biological father for over 10 years now.
- I credit my uncle with providing a wonderful fatherly figure for me to look up to. (He retired from the Army and I was very proud to follow his lead and to serve with him.)
- My mother’s side of the family is Italian. Yes we are a loud bunch! LOL
- I grew up going to church with my aunt, uncle, 3 cousins and grandmother. They would pick me up every Sunday morning and then after church my grandfather would have a huge breakfast spread ready for us.
- When I was young, my 3 cousins and I would spend the entire weekend at my grandparents house. We would watch movies and make beds with blankets on the floor in the living room. They are some of the best memories I have as a child.
- When I was younger I would go hunting and fishing with my biological father. I started hunting deer with him when I was just 5 years old.
- I have a strong love of country music, trucks, jeans and t-shirts, four-wheelers and fishing. I’m a country girl at heart.
- I have so many books that my husband often complains that we will go over on our allowed moving weight. I mean, I have footlockers filled of books and I buy at least 3 more each month. I highlight and reread my books and have asked that our “forever home” has a library space.
- My love for coffee is on the Gilmore Girls level. Seriously, it’s a habit I will never give up!
- I actually love being able to move every couple of years. It can get stressful at times but I love the adventure of being somewhere new and being able to explore it. As long as I have my kids and husband by my side then home is where ever we are.
- After my parents divorced (I was eight), we moved to Cocoa Beach, Florida. I got to watch countless Space Shuttles lift off right from my own yard. Oh and I got woke up countless times from the sonic boom when the shuttle was landing. It’s something that future generations won’t experience and that makes me very sad.
- I have many family members who worked on the Space Shuttle. They had a hand in getting many people to space!
- I got to watch John Glenn go up in the Space Shuttle for his second mission in October 1998. He was the first American to orbit the Earth in 1962 then in 1998 he became the oldest person to fly in space at age 77.
- I met my husband when I was just 13 years old. We didn’t date until 2010 and months later we were married. (Best decision of my life!)
- I lost my best friend because someone decided to drive drunk. My life has not been the same since that day. PLEASE don’t drink and drive!
- I have very strong belief in God and my country.
I could probably keep going but I feel like these things give you a better look into who I am. I’m not a perfect person and I have most definitely faced my fair share of adversity, trials and tribulations. Heck, I still am! I feel like everyone needs an outlet for their creativity and this is my outlet. I love writing because it allows me to get my thoughts down without hesitation. It allows me to work through some of my issues by writing it out and really digging deep. I encourage you to do the same. It may not be a blog, it may just be a journal, but getting it out makes you feel like a weight is lifted. Trust me, it works!
I hope you enjoy my blog and if you have questions or just need someone to lend an “ear” then please feel free to contact me.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]