- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika or sumac
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place all of the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the two chicken breasts evenly on top.
- Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered.
- Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon over the chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle the pan with smoked paprika or sumac.
- Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices in between the chicken and vegetables if desired.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
(The original recipe was posted on another blog that is no longer active.)
***Please note that I altered the original recipe to best fit my family and as always, I encourage you to do the same.