These oven baked chicken fajitas are seriously one of my husband’s favorite recipes! I love them because it takes maybe five minutes to throw it together. I’m pretty sure you have all the ingredients hanging out in your fridge/pantry so give it a try and tell me what you think.
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
• 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
• 2 tsp chili powder
• 2 tsp cumin
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• ½ tsp dried oregano
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
• 1 medium onion, sliced
• 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
• 12 flour tortillas
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
• In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
• Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
• Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
• Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.
Leave a Reply