Our vacation time is nearing the end but to be honest, this introverted mamma is ready for it to be over now. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love being with family and friends but the constant go of vacation coupled with eating out almost every meal has me burnt out. I am ready to be back in my own kitchen, with my own cookware and my meal plan. We did rent a condo with a full kitchen but since we have been on the constant go, I have only gotten to use it twice in three weeks. One of the meals I made was a delicious baked caprese chicken. I honestly believe that meal is what is getting me through the final days of eating out. After you make this chicken, you will definitely add it to your weekly rotation. Now, there are many recipes out there for this but this one is something that I threw together all on my own. You can make so many variations of this but this is the one that tastes delicious to us and is SUPER easy to throw together even with two kids under 5 years old running around.
* Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breasts; I used three
* Salt & Pepper
* Avocados; I used two
* Tomatoes; I used one big one
* Mozzarella (I prefer the fresh block/ball)
* Cooking Spray
* Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
* Lay chicken breasts inside the baking dish and season to taste with salt & pepper.
* Slice the avocados and place on top of the chicken breasts. The slice the tomatoes and place on top of the avocado. Slice the mozzarella (or you can use shredded if you prefer) and place/sprinkle on top of the tomato.
* Bake the chicken in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
You can pair this with some fresh veggies or even just a small side salad. It’s super healthy but does not skimp on flavor. I promise this recipe will not disappoint!
Make sure you head to the top right of my page and click to follow me on social media and as always, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts in the comments below. <3