I am a book LOVER! Seriously, ever since I was little I have loved reading. I was that kid that would stay up late with a flashlight so I could read after bedtime. Come to think of it, books got me into a lot of trouble in my younger years. (Who would have thought that?! LOL!) That love never faded but the spare time has. I never want to take time away from my family but there is just something about curling up with a good book on the couch, with a cup of coffee and a blanket when it’s cold outside. I even love cracking a good read when the kids and my husband are playing at the beach or pool. Reading is a versatile hobby!
If you love reading like I do then the number of books you get through each year is a goal. Every year you try to read more books than the last. I had set a goal last year to get through 52 books but that was not realistic for me. I ended the year with I think 15 books read. So of course, I upped the number to at least 18 this year. (Make sure you head over and check out my goals on my 18 Goals to Achieve in 2018 post.) I would love to reach 25 books read this year though. So, in order to do that, I came up with a list of 25 different type of books to read that might even get you cracking a book this year!
As I was creating the list, I started to think of the books I would read that fit each category. Of course, one book could probably fit into three of the categories but that’s not the point of the list. If you pick a book to fit into one of the categories then that’s the only one you can check off. I don’t have a book for every category but here is a list of some of the books I will be reading in 2018.
My Must-Read List of 2018
- Young Adult Novel – The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
- Series – The Harry Potter Series (I know, I am one of the last humans on earth that hasn’t read this yet!)
- NY Times Bestseller – Get Your Sh*t Together by Sarah Knight
- Recommended by Friend – Namaslay by Candace Moore
- A Classic – For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
- Personal Development – Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild
- Audio-book – Find Your Why by Simon Sinek
- Romance – Sisters Like Us by Susan Mallery
- Made into Movie – The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Book Already Read – Grace Not Perfection by Emily Ley
- Can Read in 1 Day – Make Your Bed by Admiral William H. McRaven
- Memoir – My Life Among the Underdogs by Tia Torres
- Banned Book – The People vs Muhammad: Psychological Analysis by J.K. Sheindlin
- Published in 2018 – Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Bought on Trip – (Can’t choose this yet)
- About Refugee – A River in Darkness: One Man’s Escape from North Korea by Masaji Ishikawa
- Been Meaning to Read – Quiet: The Power of Introverts In A World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Biography – 12 Strong by Doug Stanton
- 500 Pages – Darker by E L James
- Chosen by Cover – The Rooster Bar by John Grisham
- Inspires Me – Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Political Book – Sheep No More by Jonathan T. Gilliam
- Passionate Topic – Blessed Are the Misfits by Brant Hansen
- Published Year I Was Born – Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Female Author – A Simplified Life by Emily Ley
If you can’t tell, I am a planner. If I create a list then I plan out the books to go with them! It was actually pretty fun to come up with these books though. Some of them aren’t out yet but that give me plenty of time to read the others LOL. I have already marked off the book I could read in 1 day. I actually read that yesterday. Admiral William H. McRaven is to the point but his 125 page has some great advice tailored from Navy SEAL training and experience. I am also halfway through my Audio-book choice, Start With Why by Simon Sinek. After listening to it, I am even more convinced that I am not an audio book fan LOL. I like to hold the book, highlight, turn the pages and this particular book has exercises to complete in order to find your why. I’ll be purchasing the actual book here soon.
Overall I have started 2018 off right with a lot more reading and a lot less TV. Hopefully this will inspire you to pick up a book or two this year as well. As always, I’d love to hear from you. Drop a comment below with your favorite book and I can add it to my list! <3