Let me start by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR! I always love the start of a new year because it’s a fresh start. Yes, you can actually have a fresh start every day or even every minute but there is just something special about January 1st. I’m not a resolutions type of person but I am definitely goal driven. Every year I set out goals for the next 365 days. Normally I simply post my goals to the board in my office (check out my DIY Goals Board here) but this year I decided I needed to share them with all of you. This will hopefully motivate you to make your own goals; however, it keeps me accountable as well.
Before I get started, it’s important to know how I lay out my goals. I start with the main or big goal. Then I follow that with the smaller goals related to achieving my big goal. It’s important to break your goals down into smaller ones so that you don’t feel overwhelmed in achieving the main one. Each small goal achieved puts you that much closer to the big goal. Now, lets get down to business!
Here are my 18 goals for 2018:
- Spend more time with God! Spend at least 15 minutes each morning in prayer and working through my yearly devotional. I will utilize The One Year Praying Through the Bible book to help me with this.
- Create a self-care plan and make time each week (or day) focusing on my self-care. Once I create the self-care plan then I will share it here on my blog.
- Write articles and submit for publishing for my top two magazines. I will write an article for Bella Grace Magazine and submit it by the September 15th I will write an article for Military Spouse Magazine and submit it by April 15th.
- Complete 8 college courses towards my business degree. Complete the courses with grades of B or higher. I have to be realistic here since I am a mom and wife first! My push goal would be to get all A’s but I will be just fine with a B as well. I will take 4 classes during the Spring 18 semester and 4 classes during the Fall 18 semester.
- Plan and have one date night a month with my husband. Plan the first 3 months now in order to ensure child care.
- Create products for military spouses and make it available here on my blog. Create the eBook, eCourse and binder that I have dreamed up. Bring it all to life! Work on the eBook first and make it available by March 30th. Make the eCourse available by September 30th. If possible to make the binder the way I envision, then make it available December 31st. (I may not be able to achieve the binder this year because I won’t compromise on how it’s put together!)
- Run 800 miles this year. That breaks down to just over 5 miles 3 times a week…. totally doable! The goal is to run Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If schedule and location allows then I would like to sign up for the Disney’s Wine & Dine Half Marathon in November 2018. (They even have the kid races I could sign the girls up for!)
- Start asking and accepting help with household chores! I may be a stay at home mom but I have college courses to do, a PCS to get ready for, kids to take care of and a blog that I love writing for. It’s okay to outsource or ask my husband for help! Make a list of household chores that I would like my husband to complete and how often I normally do them. Start listening to him when he says, “make me a list of what needs to be done”. (I have an amazing husband who offers often but I always feel like I need to do it myself since I am the stay at home mom.)
- Put it in high gear to get ready for our PCS. Start going through stuff and donating/selling whatever I can. It’s time to lighten the load! Each month I will tackle one or two rooms. I will also utilize the Give Back Box organization to donate!
- Make yoga a priority. The days I don’t run then I will practice yoga. I will utilize the book Namaslay to help me with this.
- Make this year my healthiest yet. Meal planning, meal prepping and healthy meals are a priority. Meal plan on Thursdays, shop on Fridays, and meal prep on Sundays.
- Progress my photography skills! Take an online class (or two), read tutorials, watch YouTube videos and practice, practice, practice! Spend time getting to know my new DSLR camera and trying out using the different functions and lenses. Carry my camera with me when leaving the house and if I see a photo opportunity then I stop and take the photo.
- Write two blog posts a week and be consistent with it. Plan out at least 3 months in advance and use weekends and evenings to write the posts in advance. Try to stick to Tuesday and Thursday posts.
- Read at least 18 books this year. I will push to read 52 books though. Create a list of books (or type of books) I will be reading and share it in a blog post this month.
- Limit my time on social media. No more looking at social media first thing in the morning. I must have my prayer time, kids to school, and workout done before signing on. Allow only 10-15 minutes of scroll time at each time when I am signed on.
- Set a weekly schedule and STICK to it! My life runs a lot more smoothly and I am less anxious if I schedule out what needs to be done. I will utilize my planner and the Errands To-Do List App to schedule out homework, housework, appointments and shopping necessities.
- I will stop watching so much TV. If I have free time then grab a book instead of turning the TV on. I will limit my TV time to two or so hours in the evening with my husband.
- I will start focusing on my sleep. Make sure I get to bed at an early enough time so that I can get 7 hours of sleep. I also need to start waking up earlier. So, early bedtime and early wake up time. That means I will be in bed no later than 11 pm and wake up at 6 am.
So, there you have it, my 18 goals for 2018. I know that some of them are some pretty hefty goals, especially as a military spouse and stay at home mom. We have a busy life and adding to that busyness with these goals will be an adventure. Isn’t that what it’s all about though? There is no need to coast…it’s time to achieve!
I’d love to hear about some of your goals for 2018! Drop a comment below with your biggest goal this year! <3